ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Material Handler 3rd Shift in Cary, Illinois
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our Cary, IL facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
• Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare program
• Premium pay built into your shift schedule
• 11 paid company holidays
• 401k with company match
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
• Company-provided life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Wellness program – living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
The 3rd Shift Material Handler functions under the direct supervision of the Shipping Lead. This position involves loading and unloading of trucks as well as the efficient organization of all materials. The Material Handler works closely with various departments to retrieve scheduled materials to be run in all production departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Load and unload trucks ensuring all material is accounted for and stacked properly for shipment.
• Report any shipping/receiving shortages immediately.
• Manage the rotation of materials going in and out of the hot room according to specified time lengths.
• Retrieve materials for all production personnel
• Give assistance to any personnel if able to do so (e.g. lifting maintenance employees with the forklift).
• Report any shortage of supplies (e.g. cores, cardboard, or skids).to the Shipping Lead.
• Notify Quality Assurance of receipt of any returned goods from customers.
• Perform other assignments as required by ProAmpac management.
• Day-to-day compliance with quality, food safety and prerequisite programs
• Verify packing lists for all receipts
• Inspection of incoming and outgoing trailers
• Report food safety concerns
• Comply with all ProAmpac Safety, Quality, Operational and Employment policies and practices.
• Remove from operation any machine deemed unsafe and immediately notify management.
• Adhere to all Quality principles as outlined in our Quality System to ensure efficient production of a quality product on a day to day basis.
• Operate in a manner that will reduce waste and optimize usable production.
• Halt manufacturing processes and immediately notifying management of any safety, material, equipment or technical non-conformance.
• Participate with co-workers and supervisors in addressing problem areas, planning methods and operating procedures.
• Identify and record quality related problems, initiate action to prevent nonconformance, and recommend solutions.
• Control the further processing of materials until any deficiency is corrected.
High School Diploma, equivalent or previous job experience
ProAmpac Forklift certification
Ability to read standard/metric measuring tape
Must be able to perform basic mathematic calculations of standard/metric measurements
To perform this job successfully, employee must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; problem-solving skills; ability to work accurately, to meet deadlines; ability to work well independently and as part of a team; ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to identify and distinguish colors. Close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employee is occasionally exposed to non-toxic/nuisance smells from chemicals, airborne dust, moving mechanical parts, high noise levels and hot/humid environmental conditions in the manufacturing area during extremely hot summer months.
Area of Interest: Manufacturing
Department: Shipping & Receiving-1800
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.