ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Quality Manager in Cary, Illinois
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our Cary, IL facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
• 11 paid company holidays
• 401k with company match
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
• Company-provided life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Wellness program – living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
The Quality Manager is responsible for the overall development, implementation and maintenance of the Chicagoland Quality Management System in Cary and Hanover Park, Illinois. The Quality Manager operates under the direction of the General Manager.
• Ensure the Quality Management System (QMS) conforms to customer, internal, SQF, ISO and regulatory requirements.
• Manage quality departments’ day-to-day responsibilities and performance.
• Analyze and interpret trends in quality data to develop opportunities for improvement.
• Work with management and supervisory team on developing and executing corrective action plans related to quality concerns: complaints, global corrective actions, other chronic quality issues.
• Manage non-conforming goods including supplier created, internally created, and returned by our customers
• Oversee customer and other third-party quality system audits.
• Manage the internal audit program.
• Develop and implement corrective action plans for non-conformities discovered during both internal and external audits.
• Conduct management and quality review meetings.
• Work with the Procurement Group to conduct supplier audits. Authority to identify and record quality related problems, initiate action to prevent nonconformance, and recommend solutions.
• Work with suppliers on correcting raw material quality issues.
• Act as primary or secondary SQF Practitioner for the Chicago sites.
• Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including Good Manufacturing Practices and the packaging food safety plan (HACCP)
• BS Degree in engineering or technical area plus five years' experience in Quality/Manufacturing or ten years' relevant experience
• Prior audit experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, 13485, SQF, HAACP, GMP, GFSI required
• Lead Auditor Certification preferred
• Strong data management skills preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of fact-based decision-making and analytical processes related to quality management and process improvement.
• Effective coaching, training and facilitating experience
To perform this job successfully, employee must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills; ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines; ability to work well independently and as part of a team; ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to identify and distinguish colors. Close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employee is occasionally exposed to non-toxic/nuisance smells from chemicals, airborne dust, moving mechanical parts, high noise levels and hot/humid environmental conditions in the manufacturing area during extremely hot summer months.
Area of Interest: Manufacturing
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.