ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Machine Operator in Granite City, Illinois
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our Granite City, IL facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by five core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement and Impact. The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare program
Premium pay built into your shift schedule
Paid Time Off (PTO) with 2 additional personal days
11 paid company holidays
401k with company match
Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
Company-provided life insurance
Wellness program – living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Threads materials from parent roll through guides and rollers to cutters, gluer, printer, folding device, or electric sealer.
· Starts machine, observes operation, and adjusts machine to ensure uniform shearing, printing, folding, gluing, or sealing of continuous roll of material into finished bags.
· May insert shaft into core of parent roll and secure with steel collars, using hand tools, and mount roll onto machine, using hoist.
· Operates machine in proper manner, maintaining high production and a quality product, with a minimum of waste, while maintaining set goals of machine speeds
· Diagnoses problems on machines and corrects immediately, to keep smooth production flow.
· Performs daily maintenance on machine including: oiling machine, cleaning drum area of machine, re-taping, and scraping down.
· Ability to multi-task as well as work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
· Adheres and maintains equipment to all GMP and AIB regulations at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Two years of work experience in a related industry
Able to lift up to 50lbs
Area of Interest: Manufacturing
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.