ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Machine Operator in Granite City, Illinois
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
We are actively seeking machine operators to join our growing team! To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Threads materials from parent roll through guides and rollers to cutters, gluer, printer, folding device, or electric sealer.
· Starts machine, observes operation, and adjusts machine to ensure uniform shearing, printing, folding, gluing, or sealing of continuous roll of material into finished bags.
· May insert shaft into core of parent roll and secure with steel collars, using hand tools, and mount roll onto machine, using hoist.
· Operates machine in proper manner, maintaining high production and a quality product, with a minimum of waste, while maintaining set goals of machine speeds
· References work orders for paper supply, and requisitions paper from the warehouse when necessary.
· Instructs and leads Bag Inspector and Bundler. Assists Small Bag Inspector in detecting poor quality.
· Diagnoses problems on machines and corrects immediately, to keep smooth production flow.
· Makes all machine repairs, unless major work is needed. Performs daily maintenance on machine including: oiling machine, cleaning drum area of machine, re-taping, and scraping down.
· Assists Maintenance with repairs to get equipment up and running in the shortest amount of time.
· Follows instructions and requests from supervisor and management.
· Communicates well with other operators and teammates at shift change.
· Adheres and maintains equipment to all GMP and AIB regulations at all times.
· Ability to multi-task as well as work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
High School GED or Diploma
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college preferred
Two years of work experience in a related industry
Area of Interest: Manufacturing
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.