ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Maintenance Manager in Granite City, Illinois
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our Granite City, IL facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
We are actively seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our growing team. If you are a Maintenance Manager looking for a new opportunity with a leading packaging company, ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
11 paid company holidays
401k with company match
Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
Company-provided life insurance
Wellness program – living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervises and coordinates activities of maintenance workers engaged in maintaining and repairing or installing and removing mechanical and building equipment.
Directs workers engaged in repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating systems, and water distributing and plumbing systems.
Inspects completed work for conformance to company specifications and standards.
Oversees out-sourced workers engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing mechanical equipment.
Schedules all maintenance operations (Preventative, Break/Fix and Projects).
Follows up on repairs made by employees.
Employee interaction: Communicates with employees in a direct and courteous manner, and ascertains their understanding of instructions.
Assist crews and conducts ongoing training for maintenance employees.
Conducts monthly safety and quality meetings for maintenance employees.
Coordinates the scheduling of special projects such as renovations, installations of new equipment, or moving of equipment.
Oversees selection process for work done by outside companies by obtaining bids and selecting those vendors and supervises work.
Creates and maintains preventive maintenance programs.
Conducts monthly building maintenance on air conditioning and heater units.
Conducts final interview of applicants for maintenance department referred by Human Resources for employment.
Reviews monthly departmental budgets with the Plant Manager.
• 5 years’ experience within the industry
• Bachelor’s Degree in related industry OR
• 5-7 years’ experience with a certification from an accredited college or trade school
• Work experience with computers and other business equipment
• This position requires the annual completion of Hazardous Waste Management training – provided by ProAmpac.
• Requires knowledge of operation and repair of machinery, tool and die, electrical, plumbing, welding, basic machine work, engines, motor, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, boilers, production machines, and knowledge of blue prints.
• Effectively manages the process of innovative change quickly and timely
• Remains at the forefront of emerging industry changes and technology alternatives
• Works well in a team environment, acknowledges other member contributions and motivates others to work together efficiently
• Ethical standards and integrity must be maintained at all times
• Conscientious about timeliness and accuracy of all assignments and quality of work
• Must have the ability to understand and follow directions and procedures.
• Utilize measures to monitor processes for continuous improvement
• Participate on cross-functional project teams
• Identify customer requirements and monitor customer satisfaction by reviewing process procedures.
Area of Interest: Maintenance
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.