ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Safety & Quality Manager in Greensboro, North Carolina
Why join the ProAmpac Team
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering, providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. ProAmpac’s approach to sustainability – ProActive Sustainability® – provides innovative sustainable flexible packaging products to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals. We are guided in our work by five core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact.
Benefits & Culture
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
401k Retirement Plan Matching
Group Life Insurance
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
11 Paid Holidays
Holiday & Employee Celebrations
Strong Safety Culture
Using the core foundations of ProAmpac – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact – Assists in strategically planning, directing, and implementing “world class” safety culture and quality programs, and ensures compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHSQ regulations by performing the duties listed below. The scope of the role includes the Forest City, NC and Greensboro, NC, locations.
• Assists in developing, promoting, and implementing a proactive, positive safety and quality culture at the assigned sites.
• Collaborates with EHS Leaders, Quality Leaders and Site Leadership to promote and support EHSQ Excellence strategies and annual goals (KPIs).
• Analyzes and monitors performance, identifies gaps and opportunities, and helps set strategies and policy for year over year improvement and sustainment translating strategy into actionable project plans.
• Ensures EHSQ SOPs are implemented and trained to maintain compliance, reduce associated injury, minimize company exposure/risk, and ensure compliance with EHSQ Systems as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
• Assists with audits of facilities, tracks audit completion, and provides support to facilities to resolve action items; provides site support and guidance for ProAmpac EHSQ Compliance Audits.
• Promotes risk management program and evaluations to set priorities for equipment guarding, ergonomics concerns, and other EHS items of concern.
• Encourages implementation of behavioral safety programs to focus on elimination of at-risk behaviors.
• Assists and provides guidance for site level environmental and safety regulatory reports prior to submission (Air, Hazardous Waste, Tier II, Form R, BLS, etc.)
• Demonstrates commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
• BS degree; in a technical arena plus five (5) years of leadership experience in Quality and Safety; preferably in Environmental Science, or Engineering
• Minimum 1 year regulatory compliance experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of concepts and principles. Prior audit experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, GMP, GFSI required
• Strong data management skills preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of fact-based decision-making and analytical processes related to quality management and process improvement.
• Effective coaching, training, and facilitating experience.
• Solid working knowledge of quality processes and related manufacturing.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to travel between the sites as needed potential travel 35-40%.
Area of Interest: Quality
Shift: Day Shift
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.