ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Employee Relations Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
ProAmpac is looking for a seasoned Employee Relations Manager who has a thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable employment laws and regulations, and extensive experience in the Employee Relations practice area, ideally in a manufacturing setting.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record conducting complex workplace investigations, establishing, and improving policies and processes, collaborating, and aligning with internal partners, and ensuring comprehensive reporting and quality outcomes. The Employee Relation Manager will provide consulting and direction regarding employee relations matters to managers, leaders, and employees.
Employee Morale, Motivation, and Satisfaction Improvement
· Build positive, open and constructive relationships with the business and across People team to understand objectives and requirements which assist in the timely delivery of Employee Relation focused solutions
· Implement measures to increase employee morale, motivation, and satisfaction, while reducing turnover
· May conduct employee engagement surveys, work lifestyle programs, on-boarding programs, diversity and inclusion programs and training, etc.
Coaching and Training
· Support coaching of managers and employees through the performance management process
· Support training sessions for managers to improve employee relations and people skills
· Provide expert advice and coaching for business leaders on a range of ER issues including but not limited to performance management, investigations and attendance
· Serves as the primary facilitator of Labor and Employee Relations employee trainings which cover workplace expectations and tools and serves as grievance hearing officer.
Employee Relations Issues Monitoring
· Manage, monitor and develop Employee Relations policies, processes and procedures to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the latest employment legislation, meet stakeholders needs and service expectations, and are cost effective and fit for purpose
· Investigate employee and/or supervisor complaints regarding conduct, performance, or attendance
· Mediate between employees
· Monitor diversity/equal employment opportunity program compliance
· Monitor internal complaints/ disputes that may lead to labor unionization
· Monitor external labor union trends and movement
At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We strive to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small business culture. We value the connections we’ve created, and our employees feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate successfully. ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on material science will drive innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers, supported by our five core values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact – that foster a culture of speed, simplicity, and self-confidence.
Our company is made stronger by challenging ourselves and each other, while we move what matters forward. With a focus on performance and a passion for our work, we are not bound by organizational hierarchy. We are committed to serving our customers and the communities in which we work and live.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth.
ProAmpac is building a wellness culture through its PRO360 initiative: An interactive, fully integrated wellbeing program designed to engage, encourage, and reward all team members on their personal pathway to better health, wealth, growth, and community involvement. Our goal is to ensure 100% of team members achieve a basic level of wellness. Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, we offer full-time employees a variety of benefits including:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
401(K) with exceptional company match
Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar year
Free life and short-term disability insurance
Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
Minimum of 5 years HR / Employee Relations Experience (8+ years preferred) Experience in a Manufacturing setting is strongly preferred
HR certification preferred (e.g., SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR/SPHR)
Deep expertise in conducting investigations and skilled at documentation related to investigations
Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations
Experienced in balancing multiple priorities, stakeholders and work streams across markets
Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
Demonstrated command skills and an ability to influence others
Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with managers and HR colleagues
Exceptional communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation
Large corporation HR/ER experience preferred
Location : Kansas City, MO (On-site)
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Work Place Type: On-site
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.