ProAmpac Holdings, Inc. Controls Engineer in Wrightstown, Wisconsin
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering, providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
As a team member, you join a diverse mix of forward-thinking professionals dedicated to producing world-class packaging. We're always looking to bring in top-tier talent — it's one of the many keys to our tremendous success and continuing growth. Our open culture nurtures an atmosphere of encouragement and empowers the free exchange of fresh ideas and the sharing of best practices.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures. Holds all crews accountable for working safely and ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures. Assists EHS Manager in investigations of incidents and near misses and conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) to determine corrective actions. Develops new SOPs if necessary to support safety initiatives and trains personnel against new SOP.
Commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
• Ability to be analyze, understand, and utilize technical documents related to instrumentation, software, and overall controls systems
• Troubleshoot open-loop and closed-loop process control systems
• Work with plant Electricians and Mechanics during downtimes and PM’s to faster resolve time sensitive machine issues
• Develop a cooperation with machine OEM’s and manufactures to better understand the designed control system
• Proficient in ladder-logic, function block, instruction lists, and a variety of script coding platforms
• Check Wonderware Servers periodically to ensure they are running appropriately
• Work with plant maintenance staff in developing training and understanding of existing controls.
• Research new controls systems and enterprise architectures
• Work with other departments to improve machine performance
• Resolve controls-related machine issues
• Project technical lead and may be responsible for some project management activities.
• Work a flexible work schedule based on position goals and business needs.
• Demonstrate appropriate attitude in all dealings with co-workers, customers, and suppliers.
• Markup and Maintain Electrical drawings for the plant and machinery
• Assist Control Engineer in projects, code compliance, and related practices
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, EET, Software or Electrical Engineering is desired; 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possess the desire to examine and understand process controls systems
Candidates should have additional experiences, including but not limited to: pneumatics, hydraulics, HVAC, electrical, electric motors, PLC’s, and general facility maintenance.
Possess a strong computer aptitude, with knowledge of utilizing background processes and services.
Ability to analyze and reverse engineer the designed functionality of a variety of paper and bag processes
Ability to work in a team environment
Experience writing code in multiple different IDEs.
Possess strong problem-solving and project management skills
Possess excellent written and interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience with Rockwell, Parker/Eurotherm and Siemens PLC’s and software
Experience with Allen Bradley, Parker/Eurotherm and Siemens drives and software
Experience with Rockwell HMI’s and software.
Experience with SCADA systems such as Wonderware
Area of Interest: Engineering
Shift: Day Shift
ProAmpac is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.